Thursday, November 18, 2010

Everything me

So I realized that I needed to post another blog post soon, but there really isn't anything going on in our lives right now. So, in case anyone out there besides my friends and my mommy are reading, I'll tell you a little about myself.

1. I LOVE shoes, oh my goodness do I love shoes. Especially high heels. I am almost ALWAYS wearing high heels. They make me happy. :)

2. We have 2 miniature doxins named Buddy and Bambi, and a boston terrier named Miho. Buddy and Bambi are 7 and 8 and Miho is 1.

3. My husband has High Functioning Asperger's Syndrome(google it), and we have frequent discussions about the use of sarcasm and facial expressions; as well as appropriate and innapropriate comments to different people.

4. People really bug me, which is what makes hubby and I such a good match. He's not so good with people, and I could do without them. Behind my smile, yes; I am judging you. But I chose to keep it to myself and vent to Roy later instead of say something to your face. You're welcome.

5. Roy and I have been trying to have a baby for the last 27 months. I'm over the needing to touch every baby and pregnant belly in sight phase, and I'm on to the "your baby reminds me of what I can't have, and your pregnant belly fills me with rage. So no, I don't want to hold your baby; and no, I don't want to feel your baby kick." Women always look so astonished when I refuse them. "The baby is kicking, do you want to feel?" "No." "Oh....okay..."
"Little Susie just LOVES people! Do you want to hold her?" "No, I don't." "Oh...um..Okay.."

6. The smell of bleach fills me with a happiness I can't quite express. It smells of all things clean and disinfected. If there was a 'bleach' room spray, I would totally buy it and my house would forever smell of bleach. The neighbors probably think I'm high, I smile so much while bleaching my kitchen and bathrooms.

7. I've started doing these pregnancy mantras to help get me pregnant faster (has not worked so far...) and it involves talking to my belly and future baby about how we are ready for them to come to us, and my body is ready to be pregnant and carry a healthy baby to term, yadda yadda. Since I have started doing this, I have started talking to everything. Inatimate objects, animals, everything. It makes me feel better and it's cheaper than a therapist.

8. I LOVE cupcakes! I love making them, I love eating them, and I love giving people cupcakes I have made. It makes them happy, it makes me happy; everybody's happy! :)

9. Hubby and myself are mildly obsessed with fish. We currently have a 110 gallon tank set up in our living room, along with a 65 gallon tank; a 30 gallon and 10 gallon in our bedroom, and a 45 gallon in the guest bedroom. We have a couple of empty tanks we are thinking of setting up in the other guest room/office to breed our own feeders.

10. Roy and I sort of treat our dogs like our children since; if you have been following my blog, we can't have any currently. I realize at the end of the day they are just animals, but they are very much apart of our family, and when speaking to them; Roy and I refer to ourselves as 'mommy' and 'daddy' (In the privacy of our own home of course). For example, when taking them to the dog park, "Okay, mommy is going to let you off your leashes now. Let's not bolt as fast as your absurdly short legs can get you into the bushes after squirrels. It ends up being nobody's idea of fun." Or when Roy gets home, "Daddy's home!" and they all proceed to jump up on him excitedly and try to lick him all over. They are not satisfied until they have each received individual attention. They get hugs and kisses before I do. :/

11. Roy and I are both VERY pro Attachment Parenting (google it) and Gentle Birthing (google it). We (mostly me) are good about keeping our mouths shut because I realize not everyone agrees with us, but if you ask me my opinion hold on to your panties. ;) If you ask for suggestions I will tell you that letting your child scream until they have vomitted all over themselves because you locked them in their dark room and they are scared, is crappy parenting and you should think about not breeding anymore.

12. I am probably one of the only grown women that is still afraid of the dark. I will take my phone as a flashlight to go to the bathroom at night. Thankfully my hubby is accomodating and understanding. He'll go turn lights on for me and go check out the bumps in the night. :)

13. I LOVE all animals except spiders and moths. I swear there is a PETA member in me dying to get out! :D

14. Not a lot of things make me happier than baking. I love mixing ingredients together and pouring them into different pans or molds and taking them out of the oven...the smell of baked goods filling the house, and the sense that I have created something that makes other people smile and will make me do 4 sessions of pilates in one day so I don't get fat. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Awweee I soooo LOVE you. You are such a wonderful person and it's great to get to know you more and more. It's so funny because of what you say you are totally oppisite when you are around. Maybe it's because you love me too. And just because you think no one reads this besides your friends and mommy...I want to you let you know I would read it if I didn't know you because you are a very interesting person and I would love to know you. Thank you for being a great and wonderful friend. Love YOU!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thank you Amy! I love you too! :D

    ReplyDelete