Sunday, February 20, 2011

Moving Day!

We are moving! Yay! I'm so happy to be out of this horrible house!! Let me back up a bit, so you understand my joy...

When we moved into this house, it looked nothing like the pictures our landlord had sent us. It was filthy, stinky, and the whole house reeked of cigarette smoke and marijuana. I spent our first night here throwing up. There was food caked into the bottom of the oven; some unknown syrupy substance dripping down the inside of the pantry, the linoleum was coming up by the door and in the bathroom, there was mold in the bathroom and the guest bedroom, not to mention the idiot was still moving out when we got here. There was still a living room full of furniture and a huge tote full of his stuff and there was no grass in the yard. It was the most disgusting place I have ever been in. Week 2 of us being here he came in and laid sod, but it was 2 weeks before Thanksgiving so not a lot of it took and survived.
I spent the first 3 weeks scrubbing the walls, carpet, kitchen, and bathroom. Did I mention it was disgusting? After 2 washes the walls were 4 shades lighter and the stove and refrigerator were completely different colors. I went over the carpet with our wetvac once a week and the carpet got a shade lighter every time for the first 3 months. We didn't do much to the outside of the house, mostly because I didn't want to bother. It had mildew or some sort of unknown green substance growing on the outside of it.

The best part of it all; is that we had to call the cops on this man twice because he was inside the house when we got home. Yep. Just chilling on our couch, eating some kind of processed snack pastry, waiting for us to get home. The first time was because he had the lease for us (yes, when we moved in he didn't have a lease printed up. He had to go to the library and print up the lease and bring it to us), and the second time was to let us know he wanted rent early. The second time we changed all of the locks including the mailbox lock (oh yeah, he was also still using our mailbox). Both times he told the officers that it was his house, so he could do whatever, whenever. He was just letting us live here. Ha! Oh yeah, and our only means of communication with him was email, then he all the sudden stopped responding to us. His son emailed us and told us that his dad was having problems with his email, and we wouldn't be able to contact him that way anymore. So the only way we can contact our landlord is through his son's email. And his motorcycle has been sitting in our garage since day 1. He won't come get it.

So, fast forward to 16 months later; I am more than excited to get out of this place. I thought that after awhile the place would grow on me, especially since I spent hours a day cleaning it to get it livable. It didn't. I have hated it with a passion this whole time. Not to mention being terrified this crazy man would try to let himself in our house and I would be home all by myself.

So now we are getting ready to move in about 2 weeks and although I'm stressed out of my mind, I'm so excited!!! I never have to look at this house ever again. I never have to be in this house ever again! Hallelujah!

We are moving in with our friends Michael and Amy. We like them. :) We are going to be staying there until hubby leaves for deployment. Then I'll stay there until he gets back. Then hopefully we'll get knocked up and be able to move on base to a house rather then a small duplex.

The only thing I'm concerned about is moving the fish. We have a lot of very big fish. Like, we have to get a cooler because the fish are so big they won't fit in the bags the pet store gives you. But we are only moving about 15 min away, so it should be fine. Hubby has actually be awesome about helping me clear out the totes we have in the garage. He's emptied 9 already. We are getting rid of 70% of all of the crap in there. It hasn't been looked at in over 2 years, so we obviously don't need it. Everything we are keeping is just going to go in storage aside from the essentials (our bed, clothes, things for the dogs, etc).

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm an obsessive list maker and habitual planner. It's very bad. It would probably be considered some kind of illness. Nevertheless; I have lists for what we are keeping, what we are storing, and what we are tossing. I also have a list of things I need to clean, things I need to organize, and things I need to make arrangements for. I even have a list of all of the lists so I can keep track of them and make sure I've got everything covered. Hubby just laughs at me, but I'm a much happier person if I have my lists and everything goes accordingly to my plan.

Elated to be out of this poo hole,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment