Sunday, September 26, 2010

Onward and Upward

Well, we are moving on to a new doctor. We have a couple picked out that we want to go to, and hopefully they will be more aggressive. Our previous doctor was not all that we had hoped. I don't usually call names, but she was an idiot. She was very passive about my care, and pretty much told me that whatever was going on with my body it would probalby just 'work itself out' given enough time.
REALLY??? After 9 failed pregnancies I don't think that my body is just going to 'work itself out'. She was really hesitant to give me any medication, and she only wanted to do one test at a time vs. most of them at one time. I asked if we could do all of the blood tests at one time, so I didn't have to keep going back and forth and getting poked once a week; just do it all in one shot. She said that she wanted to 'evaluate me one stage at a time based on each test result.' Does that even make sense to anyone??
Anyway, on the way out I told her that we would not be scheduling any follow up appointments and that Roy and I wanted to persue other options. She seemed confused but said okay.
So now we get to start all over with another doctor. That means another hour and a half appointment explaining our medical history; waiting forever long to get our medical records transferred (thankyouverymuch tricare), and then the doctor reviewing everything, the 3 of us deciding what the projected path of treament is, and hoping something works.
Soooooo..... keep us in your prayers, and hopefully a fresh perspective will be able to tell us something good! On a better note, I found out about a new program being used called 'Micro-IVF'. There is less medication used, and significantly less cost. We also might be eligable for IUI at Madigan, so we have our fingers crossed! We are waiting to find out more from Madigan and Tricare.

still wishing we could get pregnant on accident,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I so feel your pain in the doctor part..totally love it when you tell them what is wrong and they look at you like you have no idea what you are talking about...isn't it your body how would you not know what you were talking about? Anyways good luck with the new doctor and when are we going to sit down and talk about the other things? When ever is fine with me. Love ya

    ReplyDelete